.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, April 12, 2007

 

17:05

5*11*31

I seem to be having difficulty keeping this updated.

I quite the Mandarin House job because there aren't enough deliveries during the summer to make it worthwhile. In the meantime, the weather has failed to become sufficiently warm to increase business at my day job to the point where I can work more hours. I am tutoring a couple of high school students in geometry on Fridays, though.

Since the introduction of the labeling feature, I always have an urge to write a post about going on vacation in the fall and riding scooters. I've never done this, not even in Boston.

I want to figure out how Sudoku puzzles are constructed. Enough numbers have to be left so that there is only one possible solution.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
When were you in Boston? Or is this some cultural reference that I don't get?
 
And looks like the Forge ate either my question or your response, so I'll ask it here: Is counting the number of solutions equivalent to getting one solution and taking all permuations of the rows and columns? It seems like that would give all possible solutions.
 
I think the answer is no, but I'm not sure I understand the question. And yes, it's a cultural reference.
 
Oh, yeah. We've got to worry about each box having all the digits as well. Never mind. (Figured it out while constructing an example to explain what I meant)
 
Speaking of factoring the time...
http://xkcd.com/c247.html

Or is that why you factored it?
 
HI MIAH... FALL? SCOOTER? VACATION???
WHAT AM I MISSING???? CLUE ME IN..OKAY?
Luv ya G_MA
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?