.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, March 05, 2007

 

13:53

I had a paint delivery today that was rather difficult to locate. The directions said to go south on 2500 East until I reached 3500 North, then turn right and drive west until I saw a house under construction on the right side of the road. So, I went south on 2500 E, and turned right when I got to the road labeled 3500 N. That ought to have been the correct road. But it quickly turned into a narrow, winding, dirt track with steep embankments on either side, and the only house anywhere near the road was on the left side with no way to get to it. It turns out there are two roads labeled 3500 N on that mile. The one I wanted was a bit further south and becomes a dead end when it hits 2500 E. Couldn't they have labeled the dirt track 3502 N or something?

Comments:
That was awful....having been in a simular situation during my Avon days...
I came across some great BIG round VERY WHITE silos, or bins, which ever,as I was backing up, looking over my shoulder, as I was backing up in this strange rural part of the world, they scared me so.. as I had no idea they were even around and the way the light reflected from them...they were like something from another planet and were so frightening to me.I high tailed to town right then and there.That was enough already!!! >)
 
*grins* Sounds like me, looking for some hikes this past summer. I've got to try and find that Wapi Lava flow one again at some point...

Could be worse, though. In Fort Collins, there are streets cut in twain by the college campus. So you can be on Elizabeth on the east side, and unable to get to the stuff on Elizabeth on the west side.
 
Oh, there are all sorts of streets like that in Twin Falls. I think 4th Ave. E. has four different sections. This sort of thing shows up on a map, though.
 
Map? For a city? Nah. Only use maps for outside of town! ;^)
 
Heh. A map is one of a delivery driver's best friends. A cell phone is another one. An emu might be a third. I don't think it is, but I've never actually tried driving deliveries with an emu.
 
Well, obviously an emu would be helpful! They're covered in feathers, aren't they? And they have a tendency to run in straight lines. Though a roadrunner also meets both criteria and would be easier to fit in a car...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?