.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, January 06, 2007

 

14:59

I have a kitchen table and two chairs now. This improves the apartment significantly.

This week was very slow for deliveries through Wednesday, but last night and the night before were busy. Last night I had a delivery a long distance away that got called in about ten minutes before closing, so I got off a bit later than usual.

I worked a five hour shift today at the paint store, which is to say from open to close with the winter hours. It was dead for the first hour, then we got one customer who needed a quart of something (although he asked for a pint -- it comes in pints?) and a roll of masking tape. Then about an hour after that everyone came in at once and we were busy for a while. Just before close (de ja vu) I had to take a delivery of 2 gallons to a job site.

Comments:
Trying to get back into the blogging life. I have to say that on New Years, Fib could have played Teas Holdem with us, we had told him he couldn't get in on the hand we were playing cause we were in the middle of it. Then, he just dissappeared to a back room and we didn't see him again for hours. By the way, it was either myself or my nephew's girlfriend that won, but we didn't do the final tally. It was my first time playing that particular brand of poker, and I loved it.

The second hand stores in this town are currently full of really old, ugly, dirty furniture. Hopefully something better will come along. We have offered lawn chairs for a temporary fix, but so far this has not been acted upon. The working hours from these two jobs are difficult to get around. Especially when you add Kate's and my schedule to the mix.

I am also missing Star Trek. I would love to see some DS-9 though.
 
I so miss DS9. :( Apparently Sci-Fi has started airing Enterprise, but it is on Monday nights when I'm always working. I also can't figure out when the remastered TOS episodes air--I want to see at least one.

Furniture is fun, I was lucky and most of mine I got from family and friends and have only had to buy a couple of things.

I'll be sending the camera out as soon as I can get to the post office which isn't easy with my schedule. I'm sorry for the delay.

~Matt
 
DS9 is also being re-run on Spike TV, if that channel's available in your area.

The problem with non-secondhand stores is that a single dining room chair is usually $70 or more. I'll take a cheap fixer-upper over that!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?