.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, July 27, 2006

 

20:11

Last weekend my dad was in the area visiting his brother, so he came and visited me as well. He got here on Saturday afternoon and left early Monday morning. It was really good to see him, and I was glad he was here when he could visit my church. On Monday evening we went to the same Thai place that I went to with Amy (we found that #32 and #34 are both good) and Sunday evening we went to a German place that Dad picked out because he walked by and smelled the sauerkraut. In addition to sauerkraut and sausages they had live accordion music. On Sunday afternoon, once it cooled off a little (it had been over 100 degrees) we took a scenic drive that was recommended to us, turning around when the paved road gave out since we were in a rental car.

Comments:
Spread the Thai meme! :^D

However, you really must try the Thai iced tea.
 
HELLO MIAH- I BET IT WAS VERY NICE TO HAVE FAMILY THERE ...I WAS HAPPY WHEN I
HEARD THAT WAS TO HAPPEN. THE 3 DIGET[SP]
WEATHER IS FAR FROM BEING MY FAVORITE:0)
BUT ONE OF THESE DAYS WE WILL BE COOL AGAIN. I FORGOT TO ASK YOUR MOM IF YOU GOT YOUR BIKE IN ORDER AGAIN. TOO HOT TO
RIDE ANY WAY. HOPE ALLS WELL..LET ME HEAR FROM YOU OKAY?? lOVE G_MA
 
Should one try it if one happens to dislike both regular iced tea and Thai food? (:
 
Thai iced tea tastes nothing like regular iced tea, so don't let that stop you. If you don't like Thai food, I can only conclude that something is wrong with your taste buds. ;^) (unless you tried something with oyster sauce; then I can understand)
 
Eh, I plead youth.
Taste buds weaken as one gets older, you know. I must still be able to taste the gross-itude. ;P
 
*raises an eyebrow* What, exactly, did you try?
 
Not sure, exactly. I know I've eaten at Thai places before, but I don't know what distinguishes it from other Oriental foods. It's all Americanized around here, anyway.
 
Ah. Then I conclude you have not tried Thai food. :^) Distinguishing characteristics...uh, their curries are made with coconut milk, rice noodels are more common than wheat, and less use of soy sauce than other Asian foods. Otherwise, just different combinations of flavors than other Asian foods. *shrugs*
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?