.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

 

22:22

My lack of posting was due to allergies followed by schedule upheaval. Before the allergies, my friends John and Brandon visited me. They got here on a Tuesday evening and left on the following Thursday morning. Tuesday evening they went to Bible study with me, and afterwards we played my board game. The board game is no longer called "Wizards and Lizards," because I found some smaller rubber creatures at a toy store. They are mostly sea creatures, but that's okay. They fit on the tiles. They liked the game well enough to want to play it again on Wednesday night. We played cooperative and won both times, but the second time we found out afterwards that the Level 1 Flier card had been left out of the deck, which went a long way towards explaining why the flier didn't come attack us. Incidentally, that particular flier now looks like a blue pigeon.

Before that, we made an abortive attempt at hiking -- John got worn out quicker than he thought he would. That might have been when I inhaled whatever I was allergic to. We toured the town and did touristy sorts of things, including taking a tour of the local candy factory. It was really good to see them both again; TMC seems like it was ages ago now.

In other news, classes are out for the summer so it's just me and the solutions manual, which I hope to finish this month. Actually, for this week, it's just me, the solutions manual and the doggy. The Ebys had to go on an unexpected trip to Canada because Mrs. Eby's father died in the operating room on Friday morning. So far everything's gone well here, aside from the FedEx guy not showing up to deliver the equipment we're going to need when they start filming math lectures next week.

The other day while riding home I saw a dead deer on the side of the road. In fact, I had to swerve into the main traffic lane to get around it. A couple of days later, it had been moved off the road, but was still dead.

Comments:
Wizards and Lizards had such a ring to it, though. You should contact Hasbro with your idea.
 
*clears her throat*

"He's not quite dead!"

*pauses*

"He's getting better!"

*THUNK*

"Ooh, he'd dead now."
 
HELLO..HUMM..A RIGHT NICE NEWSY NOTE.
HAPPY ALL WAS GOOD FOR YOU AND YOUR BUDDIES. WERE YOU AWARE THEY WERE TO BE COMING YOUR WAY? WAS A VERY GOOD TIME TO PLAY THE BOARD GAME. ALLS GOOD HERE. PLENTY OF THAT WARMTH FROM SUNNY GLOW UP ABOVE.THANK GOD THAT WE DO HAVE IT EVEN SO. AM SLOW RESPONDING TO THIS POSTING AS I JUST DISCOVERED IT. LOVE YOU... G_MA
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?