.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

 

17:18

I've added some links to the sidebar to non-blog websites run by people I know. If I know you and you have a website that I didn't list, tell me and maybe I'll list it.

The Turnbull family goes to my church here, and Matt Turnbull leads the Tuesday evening Bible study that I attend. Speaking of which, I forgot to go last night because it was about 21:30 before I remembered it was Tuesday. The website is about his wife's battle with cancer.

Wolff's Lair is the website of BlackWolff, who's blog is in the blog list. It's basically just a links page with three links. One link goes to a private forum that you already know about if you're a member, one takes you to his blog, and one goes to an alphabetical listing of his books, which is alarmingly long.

Visual Basic Thunder is run by a friend of mine from highschool. It's of particular interest if you are a programmer, particularly if you use VB 6.

Comments:
I'm dissapointed that your title thing is 96 characters short of 500.

Thanks for pointing to VB Thunder!
 
It's exactly 500 with the spaces.
 
Oh my. I didn't think the book list warranted the description "alarmingly long" until I realized I was on page one of, eh, several. :P

I haven't been keeping track of the days well lately, either. Something about summer and not having many daily/weekly events to mark.
 
I've been doing better this summer than last, mostly. But I keep thinking Tuesday night is Wednesday night. Then I get irritated when Mythbuster's isn't on.
 
Alarmingly long? lol Do you realize that the books listed are only from two groups? 1) the books I've purchased since I moved to Kentucky, and 2) the few from a couple boxes I've pulled out of my storage unit so I could catalogue them. *insert huge grin here*

Once I'm in my own place I plan to put all of my books into the program, and then on-line. I estimate currently that I own between 1200 and 1500 books. What word beyond alarming will satify then? :-)
 
A nuclear quantitiy of books.
 
Nuclear?
 
Approaching the critical mass for generating L-Space.
 
Books contain knowledge, right? And knowledge is power. Power means energy, and we know from Einstein's famous equation that energy is interchangeable with matter. Matter has mass, and mass generates gravity. So if you get too much knowledge in one place, you can end up with a black hole.
 
Ah.

I like that concept.
 
I didn't come up with it; it's from Terry Pratchett. He put it more succinctly:

knowledge = power = energy = matter = mass = gravity
 
Might you consider adding my newest blog to your list?
http://theloudmouth.townhall.com
:)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?