.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, March 19, 2006

 

13:15

I went to a church this morning that looks like it will be where I continue to attend for the rest of my time here. I've never been in the position of having any difficulty choosing where to go to church before. I went with the couple I'm staying with the past two weeks and wasn't sure whether I should continue doing so, but had been hesitant about looking around because I hated the idea of going a different place every week and trying to compare and decide. However, the church I went to today is a good place for me for a few different reasons. One of the three elders (and I think the one who does most of the Sunday morning teaching) is a graduate of The Master's Seminary, which is connected (organizationally, not geographically) to The Master's College, where I went to school as an undergraduate. Another guy who attends there was actually in my graduating class at TMC, and lived in the same dorm as me. It's also a fairly small church, about 100 people, which is what I'm the most comfortable with. It makes it easier to get to know people, and easier to get involved in things other than just Sunday morning. Another factor making it easier for me to get involved is that it's in the town I'm close to, rather than the one 20 miles away. And, well, it felt like coming home. It is a church family I can really be a part of.

Comments:
Hi Miah... Am so pleased with you new found space of worship! It does sound very much to your liking~~~ Hoorrray for you. A very nice comfort for you.
Well today is Uncle Craigs Birthday.
They went to CBC today, I am not totally over my broncidis..sp?..so I stayed in today. Guess we will have a dinner when the kids return this evening. He said all at church sang Happy Birthday to him,which seemed to please him very much. Take Care Love ya
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?