.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, January 28, 2006

 

11:14

We had an employee meeting at Taco Bell this morning from 7:00 to 7:25. Various new policies (and/or revitalization of old policies) were discussed, but it sounds like the two things which affect me the most are:

1) The greeting of a customer in the drivethrough is now standardized. I must say, "Hi, how are you?" Those precise words must be used; variations are no longer allowed.

2) Every customer who does not either order a drink or specifically say he or she does not want one, must be offered a drink. This has actually been standard ordering practice for a while, but it's being emphasized because failing to offer a mystery shopper a drink is now going to be grounds for failing the test. The annoying thing is that the drink must be offered even if the customer is only ordering cinammon twists, and even if it's the same customer at the front counter adding one more item to a larger order which was handed out a few minutes earlier. This sort of policy appears to be designed to irritate customers.

In other news, I'm supposed to have a job interview by phone today. But I don't know at what time the guy intends to call me. Since getting out of the meeting I've been hanging out on campus so as not to disturb my roommate who is quite possibly still asleep. This would be a fine place to do the interview, but for all I know he's not planning to call until this evening.

Comments:
At Office-Max, there is (or was) a sign up: "If I don't ask you about ink, you get a free ream of paper!" I noted a few times where I was not asked about ink. I said nothing as I did not want to encourage the policy (and I had plenty of paper, anyway).
 
1-29-06
HIYA---
SO DID YOU GET YOUR CALL YOU WERE WAITING FOR? AM ANXIOUS TO HEAR YOU SAY NOOOOO I'M NOT WANTING TO GO THERE AND DO THAT ITS TOO FAR AWAY!!! i WANT SOMETHING CLOSER TO FAMILY!!!. DID YOU EVER CONTACT UNCLE GREG????? I NEVER HEARD IF YOU DID OR NOT. JONATHAN IS IN BELLINGHAM,WASHINGTON AND WILL TRAVEL DOWN TO SEATTLE TONIGHT. FLYS BACK ON MONDAY FROM SEATAC.HE WAS ABLE TO CONTACT COUSIN CHANCY FOR A VISIT VIA PHONE.WHEN IS YOUR NEXT VISIT MY WAY???
LOVE YA G-MA
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?