.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, November 28, 2005

 

20:38

In response to the more recent comments on my previous post, non-linear posting means I won't wait to make a small post just because there's a big one. However, it doesn't stop me from being distracted away from *all* posting, for whatever reason. In this case, my oral exam is on Thursday.

Today I wasn't supposed to work except for tutoring, which would have meant that I could study pretty much all day. Then this morning I got a call this morning asking if I could come in from 11:00 to 14:00. Okay, three hours didn't sound too bad. This turned into five hours once I was there, and would have been six hours if I hadn't kept asking to leave. Then somehow I was inconveniencing everyone, because a different employee had to stay late so that I could leave "early". I have yet to think of a reasonable definition of "early" which makes sense when I left two hours after I was supposed to stay on a day when I wasn't even scheduled. The employee who stayed late was offered free food as an incentive. I was not. Okay, I'll stop complaining now. I shouldn't have answered the phone on my day off when I saw it was Taco Bell.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?