.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

 

21:21

I found out today that it doesn't matter if the actual amount tendered gets entered into the cash register, as long as the correct change is given. So if I can calculate the change faster than it would take to punch the numbers in, then I can just hit the exact change button and open the drawer quicker. The helps shave a few seconds off the drivethrough time, in an effort to get the average down. Today the average was 58 seconds when I left. That's better than yesterday, when it was over a minute. Of course, yesterday they were training a new guy on food.

Also, I've finally stopped my brain from starting to find prime factorizations every time an order number gets called out. But if you walk up to me and say a random integer, it will still do that.

Comments:
63829
 
Man. You need to get a life.

Says the guy who writes reviews at Amazon while watching "Battle of the Network Reality Stars." :)
 
Only you would do that!

23853!
 
Hi I would say your a good employee to try to get things rolling the way the business wants it. My hat is off to you!!!
 
I'm with Mark, let's get real...this guy is WAY overqualified to be doing this job. Have any of your math profs come through your window yet?

Signed,
The person with the attitude.
 
Thanks for the support. I appreciate it.
 
Actually, as you do with all you undertake, you are sure to do an excellent job with this employment.

Clearly wherever you are and whatever you do, your mind stays in math mode. That is a good thing.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?