.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, August 25, 2005

 

15:15

Someone called in sick today so I ended up being the drivethrough cashier instead of working on the food line. Despite working in restaurants before, this is the first time I've handled a cash register. This one has a touch-sensitive screen, which is a bit tricky to work with until you get the hang of it. Basically I was just taking money, making change, and handing out food for four hours. I was doing pretty good until one lady gave me three dollars in change. I had to count it, and that backed everything up. Naturally there were several cars behind her. The goal at Taco Bell is to average 45 seconds on drivethrough orders. I'm sure we were over that today.

Comments:
But, but, but you're a math wiz. I'm sure you counted it faster than others would have, ;-).
 
I think there's a rule somewhere that the only time you'll have lots of change to count is when there's already a long line. Probably a corollary to Murphy's Law.
 
The first time I counted it, it was short. So I had to double check. There was only one quarter in the pile, and I counted it as a nickel the first time.
 
I figured it must have been smaller change than quarters if it took you a while...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?