.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, July 15, 2005

 

20:35

I spent most of today helping David and Karen pack up their U-Haul. Seven other people were helping for varying amounts of time throughout the day, and they had professional piano movers come and move the piano. At around noon we had pizza and chocolate chip cookies. In addition to packing things up, they had some people come and look at the house, and were also discussing things with a realtor. Ideally, they would have sold the house by now, but they have to get moved in time for David to start his new job. Their son Darren will stay in the house until it sells; he has to find a place to stay, and I've suggested my apartment, since I'm planning to move out and Jeremy will need a roommate. Not sure if that will work out.

Continuing in reverse chronological order, my parents, who are on their way to a family reunion, stayed at my apartment last night. It was good to see them. My dad slept on the couch and my mom slept in the other bedroom.

Speaking of the other bedroom, I haven't mentioned my new part-time roommate. I have an aunt who is working on her doctoral degree, and taking classes here four days a week this summer. She's been staying at the apartment with me Monday through Thursday.

Comments:
So where will you be moving to?
 
That depends on where I get a job.
 
You should move to Canada.
 
Thanks, sister dear. Get me a job there and I will.
 
I am unimpressed with the Canada comment, but if you get that job you applied for up north, you will be a short drive from there. Sigh.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?