.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, June 09, 2005

 

10:51

Brandon, John, and Steven -- three of my friends from college -- stayed at my apartment last night. I spent most of yesterday performing domestic tasks. Having houseguests reminds you of such things. Plus, I didn't know what time they were arriving, and I had forgotten that Brandon had a cell phone, so I didn't want to be gone from the apartment too much in case they showed up when I wasn't there. Brandon called me around 14:30 to remind me that he had a cell phone, and they actually got into town just after 19:00. I made enchiladas, which I hadn't done in a while, and I even assembled a salad. That's right; I'm not completely domestically challenged! Just partially.

After dinner we made a trip to Fred Meyer. Going to Fred Meyer with John and Brandon is an experience. Brandon got a blanket to replace the one he had left at Jason's house, while John found two Star Wars action figures that weren't available in California. I told him that we didn't have as many toy collectors in Idaho, and he said he could tell we had some based on which figures were missing from the shelves.

After we got back we had pie and ice cream, and then played LOTR Risk. (Or should I say LOTRR? Or maybe just LR to make it a nested acronym like AIM?) Brandon would have one if we'd played the game out to conclusion, but since we cut it off at 11:30, Steven won with a final desperate grab for territory, and I was in second place by one point, despite having been in the worst position for the whole game. John would have likely wiped me out halfway through. Oh, we had an interesting plot twist -- Saruman completely conquered Mordor, while Sauron vacated and took over Arnor.

This morning they took me out for breakfast before heading out of town, which was very nice of them. They'll be back home sometime this evening.

In other news, my coteacher for the Sunday School class just had a change of plans and is going to be out of town this weekend, so it looks like I'll be doing the lesson solo. Just watch; 15 kids will show up.

Comments:
Sounds like you had a great time.
 
I forgot they were coming last weekend. I am sure it was great to see them! Did John mention a certain book?
Great job on making dinner! Did you bake the pie too?
Be sure and check out my blog for important news...Next time you come, please bring LOTRR.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?