.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, April 24, 2005

 

21:55

We left for the camping trip on Saturday morning. The drive up there went well; we only took a wrong turn and ended up in Utah once. It took a while to find an unclaimed campsite, but we got a good one. We set up some tents, went for a hike, came back and ate sandwiches, went for another hike, came back and ate stew, started a fire, and made smores.

I didn't borrow a sleeping bag from my dad because people had extras, but I realized that I should have borrowed a foam pad. Sleeping directly on the ground isn't the most comfortable thing in the world. Fortunately I was pretty tired and didn't notice that I was uncomfortable most of the time because I was asleep.

This morning we woke up to lots of rain. Getting the fire going was very challenging but we eventually succeeded. After eating breakfast burritos we broke camp and headed out. We got only a short distance before realizing that one of the cars had a flat tire. Furthermore, it had no spare. Furthermore, neither of the other two cars had compatible tires. Fortunately, there was a repair shop by the visitor center. The rest of the trip home was uneventful.

In other news, Friday's episode of Enterprise was awesome, especially if you know about the episodes of the original series that were alluded to.

Comments:
Oh, that means a lot coming from you (about Enterprise), I'll have to go watch it now instead of saving it for next week, ;-).

I'm glad the camping trip was fun, it has been so long since I've been camping.
 
Glad you enjoyed the trip, for the most part. I so want to go camping again. And not with jr. highers, either.
 
You know if we all ever get together for a reunion at some point perhaps we should camp.

Yeah, Enterprise was great! I loved the opening sequence.
 
Matt, you do realize that the collective camping skills of our group are mostly possessed by Brandon, right?
 
What is that supposed to mean? I have been camping many, many times! I definately know my way around a campground.
 
Me, too, Miah.
 
Okay, I believe you. I just didn't think that you (Matt) or John seemed like the camping types. Then again, neither do I.
 
lol...'tis okay. But I've been camping with my parents every summer since I was a baby. First we had a tent, then a tent trailer, and after they retired my parents purchased their fifth wheel.
 
Matt has had quite a lot of experience camping, I must admit. I added your blog to my list of blogs, Jeremiah. I might even remember to keep checking up on it ;-)

Glad to hear the camping trip went well with only a few problems (how far out of the way was Utah?).

~Christopher
 
We were close to the Utah border, so it was just a matter of taking a wrong turn at one point.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?