.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, March 04, 2005

 

14:02

Okay, so I've got algebra and representation theory to finish by Monday, and combinatorics to finish by Tuesday. Should be a fun weekend.

The usual group will want to play Ultimate Frisbee on Sunday, but I think it will still be too muddy. I don't like playing in the mud.

Yesterday was a quiz deadline, and it's a Friday, so it's quiet here in the lab. Most of the students are learning how to simplify radicals, convert between radical and exponential notation, and all that good stuff.

There are at least five different computers that someone labeled with papers that say, "Kick student out during certification of 5.4b." I'm assuming this is meant to be a description of a problem the machine has, rather than a suggested course of action. I wonder if anyone was actually notified of the problem. My guess is they weren't. People don't seem to realize that putting a paper on the keyboard keeps students from using the computer, but utterly fails to inform anyone who can fix the problem. Five computers down is bad. That's almost 1/6 of the total stations...fine for right now, but bad right before the next deadline. I guess I'd better tell somebody.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?